Genetic variations can resolve the disparity patients have in response to medications. Our scientific expertise in pharmacogenomics provides clinicians with the basis to personalize patient care. Personalized patient care can reduce avoidable medication changes, reduce overall number of medications, ensure medication efficacy, and increase patient satisfaction and compliance.
- Reduced avoidable medication changes
- Reduced overall number of medications
- Ensured medication efficacy
- Increased patient satisfaction and compliance
With increased health care costs and overall decrease in coverages, personalized medicine offers both patients and clinicians with a baseline for future medication needs. Pharmacogenetic testing can evaluate the patient’s compatibility to over 80% of drugs on the market.
For patients that have personal or family history of therapy failure, proactive pharmacogenetic testing increases the chances of getting the right drug, the right dose, the first time. Testing may result in decreased time to reach therapeutic levels, reduced prescription costs, and increased patient confidence in prescribing.
- Prescribing the right medication, the right dose, the first time
- Potentially decreased time to reaching therapeutic levels
- Reduced prescription costs
- Reduced adverse effects
- Increased patient confidence